Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas with a Simple Chocolate Fudge!!


Merry Christmas & Happy Holiday Wishes to all the readers of Simple Vegetarian Recipes!!

This is the first time I have tried my hand in candy making.It was a snap to make.Got this recipe from Joy of Baking website.

Ingredients:

Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 can(14 oz)

Nestle semisweet chocolate chips - 1 bag(12 oz)

Butter - 2 Tbsp

Vanilla essence - 2tsp

Walnuts - 1 cup

Method:

Line the bottom and sides of a  8 baking pan with parchment paper or aluminium foil leaving extra foil on the sides hanging down.

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.Place the walnuts in a cookie sheet and toast for about 8 minutes,
When cool,chop them roughly.

Combine the condensed milk,semisweet chocolate chip,butter in a stainless steel bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water.Stir the mixture until the chocolate melts and the mixture becomes smooth.

Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla essence and walnuts.


Spread the mixture into the prepared pan.Cover with foil and refrigerate till it becomes cool enough.


Cut into 1 inch pieces.Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

14 comments:

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

love fudges but never tried making these. looks decadent.

Hayley said...

yummy fudge..droolworthy pics !

Suji said...

Delicious fudge for this festive season...Looks yummy yumm...

Priya Suresh said...

Prefect and irresistible fudge, awesome Ramya..

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

yummy!

aipi said...

yummy yummy treats..beautifully done!


US Masala

Panchpakwan said...

Looks so yummy choco fudge!!

Abhilash Pillai said...

I never prepared them before but I love it

Hari Chandana P said...

Wowwwwwww... mouth watering recipe.. looks so tempting and delicious.. nice clicks too !!

Unknown said...

Thanx Everyone!!

Reshmi said...

hi ramya.. first time here and I love those fudge.. As I'm chocoholic, so I've bookmarked this one.. love to follow u!
Do visit me..

http://rasoithekitchen.blogspot.com

Nisa Homey said...

Thanks a lot for visiting my space....I am a chocoholic and fudge looks really tempting...happy new year dear.

Tahemeem said...

U have an awesome space... :)
Love this recipe :)
Thanks a lot for stopping by my blog and ur encouragement :)

Jewels said...

Thanks Ramya,we love it and I made this three times so fr